Law Office of Charles L Hastings
Serving Client in Stockton since 1970
The Law Office of Charles L Hastings has been serving Stockton Client since 1970. Hastings Attorneys specialize in civil litigation, real property law, bankruptcy law, estate planning and other specialized areas of law that serve our clients. If you are involved in a legal action or dispute, please contact Hastings to quickly represent your interests.
- Business Litigation
- At the Law Office of Charles L Hastings, our Business litigation practice involves disputes between individuals, businesses, owners, government-affiliated groups, or other entities. Civil litigation may be necessary to resolve monetary disagreements, performance discrepancies, contract interpretations, or relationship troubles. Business litigation usually involves disputes between individuals, businesses, government-affiliated groups, or other entities. Business litigation also encompasses a wide variety of subject matters, including breach of contract, unfair competition, unfair business practices, breach of warranty, breach of promissory note, breach of guaranty, breach of real estate agreements, partnership disputes, limited liability company disputes, breach of shareholder agreements, failure to pay invoices, fraud, and concealment. In fact, commercial litigation can involve virtually any dispute between one business and another, or between owners of a business. Hastings Law Office has experience in litigating a wide variety of commercial litigation matters.
- Business Formation
- If you are considering starting a new company or want to expand an existing commercial enterprise by creating a new entity, Hastings will help you choose the best legal structure for your new business. Hastings will carefully examine your business and objectives, and recommend the structure that best protects your business interests.Hastings understands that the legal foundation of any successful business venture is the proper choice and setup of the entity. Our experienced business formation attorneys can support you in the creation of any of the following: C corporations S corporations Professional corporations (PC) Limited liability companies (LLC) Limited liability partnerships (LLP) General Partnerships (GP) Limited partnerships (LP) Family limited partnerships (FLP) Joint ventures Business acquisitions Business succession Sole proprietorships
- Bankruptcy Law
- Bankruptcy laws can be complex and an experienced attorney will guide you every step of the way. Hastings will make sure you follow all the regulations of the Bankruptcy Code and the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure so your case will not be dismissed. Many people who file for bankruptcy make several mistakes because they are not aware of all the responsibilities and technicalities involved during this process. Most common mistakes include missing a deadline or fail to respond to an action correctly, fail to disclose assets in bankruptcy which is considered fraud, all of this which could cause your case to be dismissed. Hastings Bankruptcy Attorneys are experienced legal professionals representing Chapter 7, Chapter 11. Chapter 13 and various reorganization efforts for our clients benefit. Our client representation includes commercial creditors, debtors, debtors-in-possession, trustees, committees and third parties in all aspects of the bankruptcy and debt collection process. Collectively, the team has well over 30 years of experience in these matters. We work closely with each of our clients to understand their business, their legal issues and their financial challenges, and assist them in developing and implementing an effective strategy to accomplish their objectives.
- Real Estate Law
- The Law Office of Charles L Hastings represents real estate developers, investors, lenders, builders, contractors, homeowners and other clients. After ensuring that our clients are protected with contracts that protect their properties and legal interests we work to maintain their legal protections as property owners and to support their intended business purposes. When disputes do arise, our law firm provides support in real estate litigation. We are highly experienced in matters pertaining to: Adverse possession Boundary and easement disputes Breach of contract Broker malpractice Construction defects Failure to disclose Foreclosure disputes Option agreements Purchase and sale disputes Real estate fraud Rescission and restitution claims Subdivision issues Title disputes Title insurance and escrow issues Unlawful detainer actions Other real estate matters
- Estate Planning
- Estate Planning encompasses a mix of life circumstances and business and personal assets is unique for every individual, family and company we serve. Hastings assists individuals, executors, trustees and beneficiaries accomplish specific objectives and achieve sound wealth management and asset protection. Hastings Attorneys have experience with estate planning, charitable planning, private family trusts, charititable contributions, business succession planning and numerous other estate planning methods tailored for their family and individual needs
- Personal Injury
- Accident insurance should give us peace of mind when misfortune strikes. But sometimes, insurance companies will attempt to minimize their responsibilities in caring for someone who was hurt in an accident. Having Hastings Attorneys represent your interests in a a personal injury case will know how to navigate the legal procedures necessary to win your case and to accurately determine the amount of compensation that you are owed based on all of the losses you have suffered and may suffer as a consequence of the accident. If you have been hurt in an accident, dont handle discussions with your insurance company on your own. Instead, contact a Hastings Attorney to handle all communications with insurance companies and navigate your case through the court system.
- Charles Hastings
- Charles has been a preeminent lawyer in the community for over 38 years. His passion for litigation began early in his legal career
in the private practice of law with his father, Walter Hastings in 1979. His father was a passionate criminal and civil litigator,
whos zeal for assisting individuals naturally passed on to Charles. That passion has led Charles to be one of the most successful
lawyers in the community, receiving recognition as one of Americas Most Honored Professionals. He has been honored by the
for several years. He has also been recognized as The Best of San Joaquin for 2017 and 2018. He had tried hundreds of cases
through his career in many areas, including business disputes, severe injury cases and debtor-creditor situations. He has been a
frequent speaker at seminars and conferences where his colleagues look to him for guidance.
Charles is licensed to practice in all courts of California, including both Federal and State Courts. He has been a member of the
Consumer Attorneys of California for over 30 years; the San Joaquin County Trial Lawyers Association (past president); the San
Joaquin County Bar Association (past board member); the Sacramento Valley Bankruptcy Association.
- Natali Ron
- bio in process